Urbanloop is a flexible solution that adapts to a variety of territories. While some areas are well served, others suffer from the lack of an optimal solution logistically, economically and ecologically.
Our flexible solutions
Fine service of the territories
Internal servicing of specific sites
Travelling in the city
Most efficient means of transport for cities with 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants
Today in France, there are several means of transport in cities. Metropolitans allow a large number of people to be served but they cost 100 million euros per kilometre. The metro is optimal for very large cities; there are 6 in France. Trams are environmentally friendly and accessible, but they cost between 20 and 40 million euros per kilometre.
The tramway is optimal for cities with more than 100,000 inhabitants: there are about thirty of them in France. However, below 100,000 inhabitants, these two solutions are too expensive and oversized in relation to the needs of users. A "small" metro or a "small" tram does not cost less and is difficult to maintain.
- With its inclusive and user-friendly solution, Urbanloop is positioned as the most efficient means of public transport for cities with 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants.
- Thanks to its limited land area and its flexibility, Urbanloop offers to install a flexible system to facilitate traffic.
- The first Urbanloop in the city will be present in Nancy from 2026.
Travelling out of town
A limited land base
There are also a large number of very large sites where moving around is complex: university hospitals, campuses or industrial clusters are often closed in on themselves.
Due to lack of space or structural constraints, there is often no really efficient internal transport. Urbanloop responds to these challenges.
- Thanks to its limited land area and its modularity in the installation, Urbanloop proposes to install a flexible system to facilitate internal traffic and to facilitate the compatibility of the transport networks in the city.
- Urbanloop is in discussion with the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Brabois with a view to transporting patients, visitors and doctors around the hospital and distributing them department by department.
Travelling to the city
Responding to environmental issues
In France, there are many areas at a distance from towns and cities.
Whether we are thinking of shopping centres, industrial clusters or business parks, it is common to travel to these areas by car or bus.
Thousands of journeys are made every day, at an environmental cost that is too often underestimated.
- Urbanloop offers to serve these spaces with its solution. With its availability, speed and comfort, our solution allows to serve these spaces efficiently.
Travelling between cities
Light rail journeys of 1 to 25 km
To better connect cities, the coming revolution is that of light rail. By reducing the cost of equipment and personnel, light rail proposes to reopen local service lines that are currently closed. In order to be able to build a fine service to the territories, Urbanloop further reduces the light train to obtain an ultra-light train.
To enable rural and peri-urban areas to be more independent of the car, Urbanloop offers an even more financially efficient solution.
- Thanks to the automation of the system, human costs are reduced.
- The individualisation of the capsules allows for an optimal sizing of the fleets and the network in relation to the needs of the territory.
- Finally, the top speed of the vehicles means that no time is lost which the user would gain in terms of proximity.
Since the 3DS law of "differentiation, decentralisation and deconcentration", Urbanloop has the legal right to reuse a disused railway line in order to develop its solution.