Convinced that the ecological transition in medium-sized towns and cities must include a means of public transport capable of rivaling the car in terms of journey time, Urbanloop is fully developing an innovative transport solution with no waiting, no connections and no intermediate stops, based on a fleet of vehicles guided on rails. Several local authorities have already put their trust in us to deploy these solutions, including Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines and Nancy.
Joining us means joining a young, committed and close-knit team of around twenty people who are working for tomorrow's transport. It means taking part in the design of a complete system, benefiting from a single site combining the design office, the test circuit and the assembly plant. It means joining a start-up recognized as one of the most promising, and getting involved in shaping the life of the company.
The position and missions
As part of the progress of the Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines project during the Olympic Games and the Nancy dessert project, Urbanloop is looking for 4 software development engineer(s) to build the system's software bricks: supervision, communication system, passenger information, autonomous driving, image processing, AI and in particular to develop a system enabling capsules to cross roads in complete safety.
We have 4 positions to offer between now and December, which we will assign according to the candidates' experience and skills. Tasks will include
- R&D testing
- Specification and design of software components;
- Coding of components according to established processes (often according to EN-50128);
- Component testing and integration;
- In situ testing on our test site;
- Participate in experimental or representation preparations (site and vehicle preparation), participation in trade fairs or other communication actions, external meetings, demonstrations, open days, internal company work.
Profile and skills required
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- Engineer with 0 to 10 years' experience, with missions and responsibilities adapted to experience
- Mastery of C and C++ development and programming languages
- Security design principles
- Design analysis
- Understanding of hardware platform and interface constraints
- Knowledge and/or experience of 50128 and 50159 standards a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience in image processing is a plus
- Autonomous, structured and organized, with good practical sense
- Curious and able to take advantage of Urbanloop's recognized experts to develop your know-how.
Some components need to be programmed in C, particularly embedded components, others in C++ which run on a LINUX system (supervision, AI, scheduler), and a few python scripts may be needed to test image processing algorithms.
Publication date: 17/07/2023